Start:
End:

Tour Edit Mode: Add or remove places and events to this tour, then click done editing:

Done Editing

Ferry Landing

From the mid-1920’s when the Texas Highway Department put Mitzi, the first ferry boat, into service, until 1954 when SH361 was built, ferries were the only access to the island. In 1951, the Ferry System’s three ferries were purchased by Nueces County which charged one dollar per car to cross. In 1968, the State of Texas again assumed control, dropping the fee. Two 28 car ferries, and six 20 car ferries operate 24 hours a day, free of charge.

  • Points of Interest
  • Select All
  • Eat
  • Nightlife
  • Shop
  • Arts & Culture
  • Learn
  • Points of Interest
  • Stay
  • Fishing
  • Get Outside
  • Spa & Wellness
  • Getting Around
  • Services